Making a cast …

Now that I had my mannequin it was time to start experimenting, and try to make a cast of her body, the idea is to make the closest possible replica to the actual thing, I started off easy and used plaster strips, I feel however this wasn’t the best choice, because the strips aren’t strong enough and didn’t exactly create the texture/effect desired. The fist attempt was also done incorrectly because I only done one layer and I didn’t rub the plaster through the netting all the way through! I feel I will attempt this again and make sure it’s all rubbed in well, I will also add several layers so it’s stronger and more of a solid structure. Even though it didn’t really work it was still interesting to do and it was exciting to finally start working on the mannequin.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s