After making the candles I decided to jump straight into making the arm/hand casts, but because this is something I hadn’t done before it proved to be quite difficult. The arm was the easiest section, but the hands are what took the most effort and time.
Because the fingers were so closely spaced together I had to cut the plaster into much smaller strips to be able to fit inside the caps.
To create the mannequin hand was the hardest part, luckily there were 3 fingers that were spaced-out enough so I could cast them with ease, unfortunately the ring and middle finger were a lot harder to do.
Fortunately because these casts were meant to be remains of the dead who have been used in sacrifice, they could be missing a finger or two, but I still wanted to attempt to do at least the base of the finger instead of having a huge gap.
To do this I needed the assistance of my mother, because I would need her to hold things together while I made the mold, she used a thin butter knife to get in between the gaps between the fingers and I would put pressure under the strips to make the natural curves on the fingers, after doing this for about an hour we finally managed to join it all up and be finished, now all we had to do was remove it from the fiber glass arm.
Because there wasn’t a barrier between the plaster steps and the fiber glass arm, the plaster stuck and proved to be difficult to remove, this mean that we would have to cut it in half and plaster the two sides together again, this too took a while but we managed in the end.
Since the first arm took so long to do and required too much effort we decided to just use the mannequins arm for the next cast but use my mothers fingers, even though my mothers fingers were slightly larger than that of the mannequins, I like the effect it has and it also shows that these Satanists sacrificed more than one person.
We manipulated the wet plaster strips and would press/squeeze them to form vein lines to make them more realistic.